View previous topic :: View next topic  
山本あや
Captain/Colonel

re: PRESS RELEASE: Taro ISHIBASHI

:Priority 3 encoded transmission:

:monitored and recorded for security:

To:  Captain Aya Collins Yamamoto; Command officer, U.S.S. Mikasa, 7th Tactical Fleet

From:  Taro Ishibashi; Inmate number 731, temporary custody, awaiting trial, Federation Penal facility, New Zealand

Forwarded to: Lt. Command Maxima Steward, Starfleet JAG Corps

(Universal translator note: translated from Japanese to standard English)

Aya-chan,

I do not expect you to fully understand my actions, nor do I expect you to forgive me for betraying your wishes. 

It is my fate to take responsibility for my actions, regardless of the misunderstanding of others.  Some may see what I have done as archaic and barbaric.  Some may see it as heroic, and even honorable.  To all, I ask that you impart to them the undeniable burden of "gimu", and the respect of a tradition that is a part of our Terran culture.  

Terran tradition must survive, for our race to survive despite the onslaught of alien influence.

Tradition should not be judged, tradition can only be honored.

Perhaps tradition and fate will intertwine our souls forever, and my feelings for you may finally find the delicate whisper of a warm early spring breeze scattering the pedals of sakura for all to see.

石橋

Commander Steward, no stranger to being in the center of some of the most controversial court cases in her generation, watched as the news flash moved across her monitor.  She already had the heads up from Captain Yamamoto that something like this was already in the works.  

It wasn't more than a few minutes to where the JAG of the Sol sector was pinging away at her communication system.  "Admiral Sigra," Maxima said as the slightly peppered, middled aged Human appeared on the screen.  "It's been about what?  Two, almost three years?"

"Something like that, Commander," he said, wanting to waste little time on pleasantries. "You have no doubt heard or seen the news flash that is going to make serious subspace waves in a few moments."

"I have, Admiral," she wasn't going to mention the fact that she already knew about the charges that were levied. "Everything there has a serious sentence attached with them.  Is there anything I can do about this Admiral?"

"There is, Commander, you can start putting the case together against Ishibashi immediately."

Maxima's face turned pale nearly immediately, hesitant to respond right away. "With due respect, sir, I must decline the assignment as prosecutor."

Sigra's brow furled a moment. "Come again, Commander?"

"I have been approached already by an aquaintance of the accuse and was asked if I can defend him."  She already knew that revealing this would tip her hand. "I have already agreed, Admiral."

If there was a chance that Maxima was going to change her mind, Sigra would have jumped immediately to it. "Alright, Commander.  I'll let the authority know that you're going to defend the man.  I honestly think that you're making a mistake and a career detour by doing this, but I know you.  Good luck, Commander.  Sigra out."

Dedication Plaque to USS Cross Creek, NCC-76121
山本あや
Captain/Colonel

PRESS RELEASE: For immediate distribution to Federation news services

Taro ISHIBASHI, a native of Fukuoka, Japan, was arrested on charges of second degree murder, terrorist threats, inciting riots, high treason, assault and battery, and various other crimes.

It is believed Mr. ISHIBASHI was responsibile for the death of former Federation Presidential Candidate Katsunori Morishita.

Legal counsel has yet to be assigned, as such all media queries should be addressed to the Federation's Ministry of Justice.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum