View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
山本あや
Captain/Colonel

re: Slumber Party

Aya blinked, stunned into silence.  Then shrugged with a casual nonchalance as she ressumed her pace trying to keep up with her adoptive brother.

"Do you think Dad loved your mom?"  She instantly regretted blurting out the personal question.

In unKlingon-like style, K'Dar paused his walk and turned to the babbling Starfleet Officer.  He took a moment to look her over. "I think you are try too hard to impress me, Captain," he said plainly.  "Trust me when I say that there is no need to do so.  If my father as adopted you into our family, then you have proven something to him.  That is enough for me.  I do want to know more about him as I didn't get to see him for nearly 35 years."

He proceeded back on their route as though he didn't miss a beat with his statement.

Dedication Plaque to USS Cross Creek, NCC-76121
山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Being short didn't help Aya as she tried to keep up with her elder adoptive brother.  She watched him walk, curious about his every movement and word.  She desperately wanted hi approval, his attention, or at least his acknowledgement.  Aya wanted to mean something to the man who was the legacy of the father she had come to love so much.  

As soon as K'Dar had questioned her, though, Aya began to panic.

And, in a state of panic, Aya's mouth went to warp nine before she could plot a course.  In plainer words, she babbled.

"Oh, you mean stinky head Gojirra???  Well, let me tell you... that was a story that they will sing songs about until forehead ridges go smooth... or maybe you mean da... I mean Captain Stone?  Because, yeah.. that's a story too... that was before I was Captain... when I was commanding the Akagi... but no, my ship is the.. ummm.. MIKASA!  She hasn't just been commissioned, but she's a good ship!"  Aya pursed her lips and nodded gravely.  "Very good ship..."

She blushed and began wringing her hands nervously, realizing she had already proceeded light years beyond the subject her brother had questioned her on.

"Come with me, Captain," K'Dar said, after taking a second to figure out what Aya had mouthed.  Then he looked to Weave, "Die well, sir," then giving him the traditional Klingon salute.

He exited the quarters and didn't wait for the Captain to catch up to him.  This was a Klingon ship, after all, and anyone on board could be called to put their lives on the line, whether Federation or Klingon.  "You must tell me the tale, Captain," K'Dar started without breaking stride, how did you meet him?"

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya glanced at Blackfire, blinked, frowned, then swiftly turned back toward her adoptive brother.  She mouthed quietly, her eyes wide and expressive but remaining silent so that Weave heard nothing, hoping K'Dar would read her lips as she whispered "yes, please!"

"Or maybe for my amusement, I can let you rot in here and let the rancid smell fill your nostrils." K'Dar scoffed back, with a hint of smile across his partially chiseled Klingon/Human face.  He looked between Weave and Aya. By the tone of his voice, neither one could tell whether he was kidding or not.

"But like you, Captain, I am just a guest on this vessel, heading back to Kronos.  I hold very little influence with the commander.  After I arrive on Kronos, I will be receiving my next assignment.  It is my wish that it will be a honorable duty for the Empire."

K'Dar turned back toward the quarters exit to go to his own.  "But if you wish, I will relay your wishes to Operations."

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya blinked at him, mouth partially open.  "Well, that's a cheery thought.  I suppose brother-sister bonding night will have to be put on hold."  She scratched her head, scrunching her features as though making a pained expression.  "You think you could muster enough big brotherly love to get me my own quarters so I don't have to put up with Gojirra stench?"

The sneer appeared on K'Dar's face.  "Adopted?" He stayed slight a moment to consider the matter a little further.  "Then I must welcome you to our family, Captain." The tone in his voice made it clear the welcome was going to be hard earned, despite the words spoken.  "Know this, you dishonor yourself, me, or my father, you will find yourself as a painting in my private quarters.  Your blood will be smeared from bulkhead to bulkhead."

He let the words linger in the air a bit...

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Her expression changed to slight embarrassment, and she barely whispered.  "I'm... adopted..."

Being a daughter in a Klingon house was different then the adoption into a human family.  Blended family or not, Aya wasn't counting on K'Dar sharing Ambassador Picard's views on the acceptance of children out of a Terran wedlock.

K'Dar didn't exactly extend his own hand in kind to Aya. "My father has you for a daughter?" The look on the Klingon's face had turned stern again.  I wouldn't have expected him to have another child and fail to tell me about it.  When did he have another mate between his current one and my mother?"

Granted, there was a large gap of time between K'Draq's separation from him and now, but they were trying to strive for a more open relationship.  He stood there, waiting for an answer.

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya held out her hand and flashed a cute smile.  "Pleasure to meet you, sincere doubt... I'm too old for piggie back rides, so don't you worry your ridgey little head about that..."

K'Dar regarded the both of them, especially Aya.  What Weave had said didn't come as an exact surprise to him since his father had been a fighting man most of his career.

He spoke to Weave, "I have not still had the pleasure of watching my father fight his enemies, but in my experience, most that speak about him tell me that you are speaking the truth about my father.

"As far as having a sibling, Captain," K'Dar added, turning his head toward Aya with a doubtful look. "My father would not keep such things from me.  I sincerely doubt that I have a sister.  Perhaps you know something about this that my father as neglected to tell me about?"

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya blinked, unsure of what to say.  Then she swallowed hard, looking at the Klingon man.  "What would you say if you had a baby sister?"  She blinked again, bashfully.

Fleet Admiral

"I know your father. We haven't always gotten along, but he's a good man. I've been honored to be able to fight along side him on several occasions."

in the whole damn valley.
— Anon

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit" -- Picard

https://www.facebook.com/Waeve
Captain Quintin B. Stone

If it was possible to show surprise by a Klingon, K'Dar came awfully close to displaying it. "You have heard of him, them.  The Human that goes by that name and is in the Starfleet would be my father."

He had no idea about Aya's relation to his father, but he kept his focus on Weave.  "We did not have a relationship when I was being raised, but over the last three years, we have attempted to forge one.  It has been stressful for me as I am sure it has been for him."

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kiheitai Forum Index -> Roleplay Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum