View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Captain Quintin B. Stone

re: Pride and Prejudice

Quin was barely containing himself as the man looked to Picard, who he had thanked silently for his efforts, and then back to Admiral Blackfire.  Granted he never liked the man too much, but after today's events had a begrudgingly bit of respect for what he attempted to accomplish.

Then his eyes laid on the lifeless Aya, who was still in Weave's arms.  "She made her own decision, Admiral," Quin said as he walked toward them, a tear reflecting softly against the light.  He had lost men and women under his command before, but this was different.  Aya might not have been flesh and blood, but she was just as much his own daughter" as K'Dar was his our son.  "Weave, let there be no more lingering doubt about where her loyalties lie.  I want everyone here to know that my daughter, when the time came, chose her duty as a Federation officer and not as some terrorist some people make her out to be.

"Promise me, Blackfire. You SWEAR to me that no one forgets what she did."

Quin eyes continued to water as he gazed upon a brave woman.  He grazed her cheek softly, "I'm...I'm...I'm proud of you, Aya.  Don't forget that."

Dedication Plaque to USS Cross Creek, NCC-76121
Waeve Blackfire
Waeve
Fleet Admiral

Waeve turned away kneeling beside Aya. Gently, he closed her eyes, then picked up the medallion, laying it on her chest, then scooped her into his arms, standing. He turned slowly, his eyes wet with unshed tears.

"He's not the only one who failed. I'm sorry Captains, I promised we'd do this without bloodshed."

He looked down at Aya.

"Quintin, I failed her...."

in the whole damn valley.
— Anon

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit" -- Picard

https://www.facebook.com/Waeve
山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Greaves exploded into a frenzy.  "No, Terra Prime will NEVER DIE!!  Humanity will be FREE!!!"  He began to weep uncontrollably.  “Earth will be free!!”  His legs gave out as he dropped to the floor, whaling.  "WE MUST BE FREE!!"  His trousers began to stain from the blood of Katsunori's headless body.

Taro's head snapped toward the direction of Greaves, his eyes ablaze with anger.  "This ends here... it's over."  He turned to Stone, Waeve, and Picard.  "I will order our army to lay down their weapons and to surrender unconditionally."  He offered them a small, curt and respectful bow of his head.

Picard tried to contain his anger as he hissed quietly.  "Why... why all of this.. why stop now??"

Taro looked at the IDIC medallion lying on the floor not far from Aya's corpse.  "He failed, and we were wrong."  Taro turned his back and forced his way through the massing militia members looking into the room's commotion, dejected and sullen.

Fleet Admiral

Waeve released the man he was holding and tossed the phaser aside.

"We're done here. Captains, please get Aya to a medical facility."

He could tell by the wound, that it was likely too late, but he had to try.

He stared silently at kataunoris headless corpse, the turned to Taro.

"All of this, it ends with him. Agreed?"

— Anon

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Picard had rushed to Aya's side, vainly attempting to render some form of aid.  His expression seemed to confirm his worst fear.  "She's gone..." he said in a firm but hushed voice, then turned his attention to the crumpled Major Ishibashi, the IDIC medallion having fallen from one of his pockets.

Katsunori ignored Waeve, staring intently at the medallion with a look of complete devastation.

Taro stood, with Picard's help, and he motioned for the rest of the militia members to remain still.

Katsu then turned back to Waeve, and silently bowed to him, then lowered himself to his knees.

Taro frantically shook free of Picards grip, and reaching for the hilt of a retractable katana, expanded the blade as he raised it above his head and charged forward toward Katsunori.

"Nooooooo!" Picard yelled, recognizing immediately what was happening.

Katsunori Morishita had closed his eyes, an eerie calmness settling over him despite the chaos of the moment, as he unshealthed a small blade from his belt and plunged it silently into his abdomen, causing him to involuntarily utter a gutteral groan.

Taro let out a shrill primal shout, and sliced the blade directly downward through Morishita's neck.

Katsunori Morishita's head rolled to a bloody stop next to Waeve's boot.

Picard stood motionless, as though in a trance.

Fleet Admiral

Waeve exploded, snapping the cuffs that bound his wrists like paper, lunging forward, he grabbed the phaser rifle from Taros hands, the smashed a fist into his chest, sending him flying across the room to land in a heap. He grabbed another man by the neck, lifitng him from the ground and turned to level the weapon at Katsunori.

"Give me one reason not to kill every last one of you bastards." He growled

— Anon

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Taro led the group through a maze of tunnels and underground bunkers.  They emerged into Morishita's Chiba city training compound's anti-room to be greeted by Morishita and Greaves, a look of arrogant confidence welcoming the prisoners.

"Here we are again, Blackfire... just as I predicted... then end to humanity's 'trek' through the stars... and the end of your life."

Aya shoved her way past Blackfire, dropping something small into his hands unnoticed by all, and walked straight toward her sensei, never taking her eyes off of his, a look of pure determination unwavering.  She was only a few paces from him, when she bowed deeply.

"Col. Yamamoto... in the end, you made the right choice."

Aya's jaw tightened, and the angrily tossed her phaser rifle aside as she lunged at Morishita, slapping him hard across the face.  "This is over!!  No more war, no more rebellions, no more racists-xenophobic paranoid tyraids!"  She shook her index finger at him, inches from his face which had been bloodied by her strike. 

Ishibashi and Greaves grabbed Aya forcefully, tugging her away from their wounded leader.  

"Have you lost your mind, Aya-chan?!!"  Taro Ishibashi's voice echoed through the compound as he screamed at her.  "裏切り者!!"  He shoved Aya to the ground, leveled his rifle at her, and fired, burning a gastly smoking hole through her chest as her eyes rolled back into her skull.

Quin was trying to make sense of everything around them.  He had Captain Picard beside him, the two most vunerable officers in this expedition.  There was no regretting helping take Terra Prime down, but his thoughts moved to Aya, wondering what her thoughts were going when all of this was going on.  He was witnessing his adopted daughter go through a major growing up stage, his heart really went to her even though from the outside, the Captain remained forever vigilant.

Dedication Plaque to USS Cross Creek, NCC-76121
Waeve Blackfire
Waeve
Fleet Admiral

Waeve didnt answer, instead following silently after the woman he'd foolishly trusted

— Anon

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya put her hand up.  "I'll handle Blackfire.  Major, lead the way."

She tugged Blackfire forward gently, whispering so that only his enhanced hearing could understand.  "Hope you're happy, baka..."

Fleet Admiral

Waeve turned his glare back on aya.

"If one more person shoves me, I'm going to forget about restraint."

— Anon

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Anderson handed his rifle to another one of the militia members, and began to roll up his sleeves eagerly.  "A'right, laddie... I reckon it's a whuppin' you're a want'in... I'm happy to oblige..."  The burly man reared back his fist to swing at the Admiral's head.

"STAND DOWN, Sgt. Anderson!" Aya commanded.

Anderson looked down at Aya, narrowing his eyes, then shrugged his shoulders and walked away from Blackfire.  

Taro shoved Waeve once more.  "Morishita-sensei will get to the bottom of it."

Picard spoke up.  "What do you intend to do next?"  

Taro motioned toward the 731st Unit members.  "You all have an appointment to keep..."

Fleet Admiral

"Blackfire, Waeve. Fleet Admiral, Omega seven zero delta whiskey five three one four seven"

— Anon

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Anderson looked at him coldly.  "Answer the bloody question!"

Taro raised his rifle once again at Waeve.

Fleet Admiral

Waeve looked the man in the eyes

"Blackfire, Waeve. Fleet Admiral, Omega seven zero delta whiskey five three one four seven"

— Anon

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kiheitai Forum Index -> Roleplay Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum