View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
山本あや
Captain/Colonel

re: What are Friends For

Jake placed his hand on Aya's shoulder before turning around and walking away without another word.

As the door hissed shut, Aya met Stone's gaze and rolled her eyes.  "Oh please... if you're trying to intimidate me, you need to do WAAAAAAAAAAYYY better than that."  Her eyes quickly darted to the ground as she realized she may have been out of line, and made a show of trying to clear her throat which had suddenly become parch dry.  "Sir..."

She hoped he didn't notice her hands were shacking, and perspiration beaded her forehead, matting a few stray strands of hair to her head.

Last edited by 山本あや on 13-06-2016 19:37:37; edited 1 time in total

Now that Quin had her attention, he moved to the monitor that hosted Nog's image a few moments ago and started to punch commands and searches into the computer.  Aya could see that a baseball diamond appeared and what looked like a a long narrative of sorts.  Then when Quin's eyes seem to find what they looking for, he stopped the text so Aya can read it easily.

"4.06(a)(4), 'No player shall at any time make contact with the umpire in any manner.'"  It read.

Quin looked over to Aya, "I know this should makee some sense to you, Commander."

Dedication Plaque to USS Cross Creek, NCC-76121
山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya gulped, replying in a muted voice.  "Are you ejecting me??  Because I really hate escape pods..."

"For insubordinate tones you've been carrying in last few minutes, I should.  But that's only prescribed penalty for touching an umpire.  I know you haven't in the literal sense of the word, but you seem to know where to push my buttons.  Besides, Commander, I have spent my times in an escape pod, too, and it's no fun."

"I don't know what you're used to when you're speaking to superior officers, but you will refrain from making comments like that in front of civilians and other crew members.  It undermines my authority in front of others.  You think if Captain Sisko was standing in my spot that he would tolerate this kind of behavior.  I think not, Commander."

He turned the monitor off, thinking that his point was at least taken at the moment.  "We are here seeking the truth, Yamamoto.  It's in everyone's best interest to keep up morale and to think that this mission will have a positive outcome.  The moment you think you won't succeed your mission, you might has well hang up the boots."

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya took a cautious step forward, her expression neutral.  "With all due respect, Captain... you should probably take your own advice.  Why are you so hostile to Jake?"  She hesitated, then added.  "Do you resent his dad for some reason?"  Aya realized how ironic it was for her to say that, given her grudging respect for the "not entirely Terran" war hero.

Another button for Aya to push?  Was she trying to crawl up inside of his skin?  It surely seemed like it.

"I have no resentment for Captain Sisko or the accomplishments that man made for the Federation.  I had the honor of serving under him during the invasion of Cardassia," Quin said, now pointing out to the mess hall door. "Jake Sisko started his media career using his father as a backbone.  Did he ever tell you that?" Quin crossed over to the monitor and brought up Jake's first article for the FNS, "Bajoran Continue Negotiations with Dominion".  

"Don't get me wrong, I admire his skills as a reporter, but sometimes I question his intentions," Quin stated.  "So please forgive me if I prefer to keep him on a rather short leash until I say otherwise."

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya's face contorted in anger as she pointed an accusatory finger at the older Captain.  "You want to talk about intentions?  FINE!  Let's talk about what your intention was when you decided barging in on Erika and I was acceptable behavior!"  

She looked up at Quin, her nose not far from his as she shouted.  "Everyone in this room has part of their career on Ben Sisko's backbone, so I'd be real careful throwing stones in your glass starship!"

She seemed disgusted with him.  "The truth is our first duty... and Jake is here to help us fulfill that duty to the fullest, keep us honest."  She seemed to look at him with pity.  "If you can't recognize that... " she shook her head. "All the respect I had for you..."  She turned her back to leave. 

Last edited by 山本あや on 14-11-2016 13:36:42; edited 1 time in total

There was only so much he was willing to take from her, but in this case the point was very well, albeit very loudly.  She was right, everyone, except Commander Steward, had something they owed that man.  Quin was well enough to let Aya just walk out of the room and leave her be for as long as the mission took.  "Commander, wait a moment..."

Quin stood there, facing the back of the woman that could very well make his life a living hell.  There was a wave of regret over his face and the feeling to apologize for his words sticking at the end of his tongue.

山本あや
Captain/Colonel

Aya stopped, her shoulders slumped slightly, visibly exacerbated.  She turned, rolling her eyes, and folded her arms across her chest and tilted her head to favor Stone with an attitude.  She didn't say anything, but waited for Stone to speak.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum